Australia is 90% dependent on foreign fuel imports and heading to 100% dependency on imports from some of the world’s most unstable regions.
We believe that Australians don’t want to be dependent on foreign fuel imports for our export industries like agriculture and mining or for our vital transport industries.
Australian families deserve cleaner, cheaper fuel for transport and the environment and we have abundant sources for Australian gaseous fuels that:
- Are cheaper and will help future cost of living pressures;
- Australian produced which means more jobs for Australians,
- Are less polluting and up to 25% fewer greenhouse emissions than diesel;
- Are genuinely “Great Barrier Reef” friendly fuels;
- Reduces noise from engines by up to 50%;
- Create Australian design, engineering, manufacturing and other jobs;
- Are not “pie in the sky”. Existing technology running trucks, trains and boats around the world, including Australia.
Every 10% of imported diesel substituted by gaseous fuels would save import costs by $870 million every year – better for our balance of payments and economy.
With Australia’s abundant gas advantage, it makes no sense for Australia to be fully dependent on imported, dirtier and more expensive fuels.
Other nations are pushing ahead with gaseous fuel, but here there are a range of red tape and entrenched market blockers stopping Australians getting the benefit.
Our 2030 Vision for Cleaner, Cheaper Australian Fuels outlines a pathway and compelling vision including a 10 point action plan for industry, governments and community.
Gas Energy Australia, and a range of industry leaders believe that the journey to cleaner, cheaper and more secure Australian fuel sources can and must start now.
We welcome your support, comments below or email us for more detailed feedback.
You can take action for more cleaner, cheaper, Australian fuels and not be 100% dependent on higher polluting imports.